indexing problem

Rusty Klophaus rusty at basho.com
Fri Feb 25 09:01:25 EST 2011

Hi Wilson,

The basic idea is that you set a flag on a bucket that enables indexing, and
then when you store any objects in that bucket, they get indexed. If you
stick to certain content types, Riak Search is smart enough to break apart
the object that you store. You can read more here:
http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Search---Indexing-and-Querying-Riak-KV-Data.html

To search on that bucket, you can use either the Erlang HTTP client (
https://github.com/basho/riak-erlang-http-client) or the Erlang Protocol
Buffers client (https://github.com/basho/riak-erlang-client). Both of those
clients have a "search" function where you pass in the bucket and query.

Finally, you can read more about query syntax here:
http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Search---Querying.html

Best,
Rusty