tuning riak for 100s of concurrent connections

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Fri Feb 25 13:05:07 EST 2011

Yes, the majority of the cost is probably in TCP setup. That pain is happening at the TCP stack level, not in Erlang.  It's actually really cheap and easy to spawn a new process in Erlang, so there's no reason to have "standby workers", especially when they don't need to maintain state between requests.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/