Riak Recap for Feb. 23 - 24

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Feb 25 18:40:16 EST 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All,

Here's a Recap to take you into the weekend.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
----

Riak Recap for Feb. 23 - 24

1) We merged another pull request for Luwak from Ryan Zezeski.

* Details here --->
https://github.com/basho/luwak/commit/5947345cb1e378981862e296b514379e6b67f0ee

Thanks for the code, Ryan. Keep it coming!

2) Alexander Sicular (@siculars) is giving another NoSQL talk on March
16th at the NYC Cloud Computing Group. This one will focus on working
with Riak and the node.js client, riak-js.

* Details here ---> http://www.meetup.com/nyccloudcomputing/events/16691273/

3) The Riak Hombrew recipe has been updated for the 0.14.1 release.

* Here's the relevant commit for anyone interested --->
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/66f1c2559ed4d41abdc5bb28d4c43ffd7f1d259b

h/t to Mark Wolfe (@wolfeidau) for taking care of the updating.

4) The ever-active Mathias Meyer (@roidrage) announced the upcoming
release of what he's calling a "NoSQL Handbook." I've been assured
there will be a few mentions of Riak :)

* Keep an eye on it here ---> http://nosqlhandbook.com/

5) I posted this on twitter and in IRC yesterday but it's worth
passing along again: If you're using Riak and Node.js in production
(or are planning to), I have a quick question for you. Email me
directly if you fall into this category and have a few minutes to
spare. Thanks in advance for your help.