PDF or OpenOffice Impresse presentations instead of .KEY + Windows question

Jérôme Verstrynge jverstry at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:41:33 EST 2011

Hi,

I am very new to Riak and I am reading what I can find on the web. I
have noticed two presentation available at:

    http://www.slideshare.net/hemulen/introducing-riak
    http://www.slideshare.net/seancribbs/schema-design-for-riak

Unfortunately, when I tried to download them, I get a .KEY file, which
is Mac specific. I am on Vista 7. There does not seem to be any tools
available to convert these to PDF or PPT. OpenOffice (which is capable
of opening many many types of file) does not seem to be able to read
.key files.

Is it possible to get a PDF version of these? Or can they be made
available somewhere online? It would lower the barrier to entry for
new-comers.

My other question/remark is: there does not seem to be a downloadable
version of Riak for Windows. Is there a technical reason for this or is
it a 'religious' issue? I am not especially pro or against Windows, but
not providing a version for it amounts to alienating from a large part
of the community who might be interested in Riak. It is another barrier
to entry for the development of this technology.

Thanks,

JVerstry