Riak Recap for Jan. 7 - 9
mark at basho.com
Mon Jan 10 20:07:43 EST 2011
Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All,
For today's Recap: An in-memory test backend for riak-js, Riak in
German, some code for the Riak Play Module, Andy Gross talking Dynamo
and Riak, the beginnings of a Small Talk client, and more.
1) Seancribbs and matclayton had a very short exchange in #riak about
how Riak treats hardware.
* Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/773647
2) Mathias Meyer (@roidrage) wrote an extensive piece on NoSQL for a
German Linux magazine. There are a few pages dedicated to Riak.
* Article here ---> http://www.linux-magazin.de/Heft-Abo/Ausgaben/2011/02
3) Looks like there has been some progress made with the Riak Module for Play.
* Latest is here ---> http://www.playframework.org/modules/riak-head/home
* I also added a pointer to it in the Wiki --->
4) High Scalability published a blog post on Bitcask. (Better late
than never, I guess.)
Post here ---> http://highscalability.com/blog/2011/1/10/riaks-bitcask-a-log-structured-hash-table-for-fast-keyvalue.html
5) Sean Cribbs, with the help of @frank06, @technoweenie and
@indexzero, put the finishing touches on an in-memory backend for
* Info here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/seancribbs/status/24560915898703872
6) Göran Krampe is about to get started on a Small Talk client for Riak.
* Details here for anyone interested --->
7) Tim Anglade (@timanglade) published the first set of videos from
his NoSQL World Tour. Among those currently available is an extensive
interview with Basho Principal Architect Andy Gross (@argv0) about
anything and everything Dynamo.
Video here ---> http://nosqltapes.com/video/understanding-dynamo-with-andy-gross
(Also, Tim, if you're reading this, thanks for committing the time,
effort, talent, and patience it took to build NoSQLtapes.com. The site
(and its content) is fantastic.)
More information about the riak-users