problem building on CentOS 64bit

Phil Stanhope stanhope at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:41:19 EDT 2011

Thanks Sean.

I did what you suggested. Pulled and built a new rebar. Copied that into
/usr/local/bin. Checked that it would take precedence over the one that is
packaged in the RIAK repo.

The one in the root of RIAK is "rebar version: 2 date 20110310_184739
2e1b4da". The newly built one is: "rebar version: 20110708_181908 vcs: git
5e04e7d"

Unfortunately, the makefile in the root of RIAK explicitly calls the
pre-packaged rebar. I get the same build errors.

So I replaced the prepackaged rebar with the newly built one ... and a clean
build works fine with no makefile changes required.

-phil