Introduction question

Mathias Meyer mathias at basho.com
Tue Jul 12 10:28:34 EDT 2011

Anton,

1.) You can include custom headers stored with Riak objects, using the X-Riak-Meta-<headername>. These are specific for every Riak object.

2.) To allow just GET requests you'll be better off putting an HTTP aware filter or reverse proxy in front of your Riak cluster, which explicitly only enables GET requests. There's no way of disabling certain access methods for HTTP in Riak directly, at least as far as configuration goes.

As for your general question, it's hard to give a good answer without knowing more details about what your data looks like and, what read/write patterns you have. Providing us with some more details would help giving you an answer here. If you only access all data for a particular zip code in one go though, the answer would probably be yes.

Mathias Meyer
Developer Advocate, Basho Technologies