Riak in a common test suite

Mathias Meyer mathias at basho.com
Tue Jul 12 12:29:15 EDT 2011

Mikhail,

that certainly sounds possible, but would extend the run time of your test suite quite considerably, e.g. when you start a fresh set of virtualized instances on every run.

An alternative would be to always leave a Riak cluster running for testing purposes and reset it after or before every complete test run, i.e. stop the Riak processes, wipe the data, and start them up again.

Ripple (Ruby client for Riak) and riak-js (Node.js client) both include a test server that runs a Riak instance with an in-memory backend, maybe that would be an alternative to go with?

Mathias Meyer
Developer Advocate, Basho Technologies