Slow performance on search-cmd set-schema

Ken Perkins ken at clipboard.com
Tue Jul 12 21:51:57 EDT 2011

I've got two 5 node riak-search rings. Both of them are using virtualized 2gb Ubuntu 10.04 VMs. One ring is on linode, the other is on rackspace. Both are identical binaries (14.2)

When I run search-cmd set-schema <bucket> <path to schema file> on a machine on the linode ring, it returns nearly instantly.

When I run the same command on the other ring, I get a 30 to 40 second latency before it returns. In both cases the schema was already set and installed.

What could be causing the delay on the rackspace VM? Is it purely a VM performance issue, or is there something else going on.

Thanks!

--Ken
clipboard, inc.
we're hiring!: www.clipboard.com/jobs (http://www.clipboard.com/jobs)