How much memory for 20GB of data?
justin at basho.com
Thu Jul 14 18:48:44 EDT 2011
In addition to what others have said, I would note that (at least) the
following issues matter quite a bit for such planning:
- how many items the data is broken up into
- how large the keys will be (especially if they are very large due to
- what storage engine ("backend") is in use
- how many machines are in the cluster
- the N-val, or how many replicas are being stored (default is 3)
If you know those things, then you can make a more meaningful estimation.
I hope that this helps.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Maria Neise
<maria.neise1 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would like to store 20GB of data with Riak. Does anyone know how
> much memory Riak would need for that?
> riak-users mailing list
> riak-users at lists.basho.com
More information about the riak-users