error, all_nodes_unavailable

Kelly McLaughlin kelly at basho.com
Sun Jul 17 18:57:34 EDT 2011

Maria,

An error with reason all_nodes_unavailable happens when you try do a key
listing on a bucket or a
full bucket MapReduce (which will do a key listing on the bucket) and Riak
is unable to start processes
to do the key listing work on any of the nodes in the cluster. Can you
provide some more information about your setup?
What version are you running? How many nodes in your cluster? Did you verify
in the process list that Riak was
running when you restarted and got errors? What are some of the exact
queries you were running and having
trouble with?

Kelly

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Maria Neise <maria.neise1 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hey,
> I inserted data into Riak and then stopped Riak. After I started Riak
> again I can't access my Data. In the logfile I found:
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 17-Jul-2011::18:56:46 ===
> webmachine error: path="/riak/usertable"
> {error,{error,{badmatch,{error,all_nodes_unavailable}},
>              [{riak_kv_wm_raw,produce_bucket_body,2},
>               {webmachine_resource,resource_call,3},
>               {webmachine_resource,do,3},
>               {webmachine_decision_core,resource_call,1},
>               {webmachine_decision_core,decision,1},
>               {webmachine_decision_core,handle_request,2},
>               {webmachine_mochiweb,loop,1},
>               {mochiweb_http,headers,5}]}}
>
> Can someone tell me what I did wrong or what the problem is?
> I would appreciate any kind of help.
> Cheers,
> Maria

Kelly McLaughlin