Introducing Lager - a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Jul 20 19:38:03 EDT 2011

Hi All,

We take Riak's usability very seriously, and over the past several
months we've spent a lot time writing code and developing features
aimed at making Riak easier to use. One of the areas we knew needed
improving was error logging. To that end, Basho developer Andrew
Thompson has been working on something we are calling "Lager." Lager
is a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP, and something about which
we are extremely excited. And today we are releasing it!

Andrew has written up a great overview of what Lager is all about on
the Basho Blog [1]. You can also cut right to the chase and got
straight to the code on GitHub [2].

As the blog post points out, Lager should be merged mainline in Riak
sometime this week and will be fully integrated and operational for
the next release.

As usual, pull requests, comments, suggestions, and opinions are all
encouraged.

The Basho Team

1 - http://blog.basho.com/2011/07/20/Introducing-Lager-A-New-Logging-Framework-for-ErlangOTP/
2 - https://github.com/basho/lager