Riak Recap for July 18 - 19

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Thu Jul 21 02:09:26 EDT 2011

Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All -

Here's a short Recap from the last few days.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for July 18 - 19
====================

1) We announced a Riak and Python Webinar that's happening on August
2nd and will be hosted by Basho Developer Advocate Mathias Meyer.

* Details and Registration here --->
http://blog.basho.com/2011/07/19/Riak-and-Python-Webinar-Happening-August-2/

2) Alen Mujezinovic released version 0.2 of his Riak-backed session
backend for Django.

*  Repo on GitHub ---> https://github.com/flashingpumpkin/django-riak-sessions
*  Package on PyPI ---> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-riak-sessions/0.0.2

3) Russell Smith represented Riak at a NoSQL throw down (of sorts)
that happened at the most recent Cassandra London Meetup, and they
just released the video of his preso. This one runs about 17 minutes
and is a great general overview of Riak.

* Watch here ---> http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/nosql/riak/js-1994

Thanks, Russell!

4) The San Francisco Riak Meetup is less than one week off and we're
almost out of seats.

* Registration here --->
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Riak-Meetup/events/24779281/