Riak compile error: Module gen_server2 potentially included by two different applications: rabbit_common and riak_core

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Wed Jul 27 11:09:12 EDT 2011

Brett,

I believe it has to do with the code path. That is, if Rabbit is installed
into ERL_LIBS, reltool will find gen_server2 there, even if Riak doesn't
package the rabbit_common application when building the release. Really,
RabbitMQ should be built as a separate release, without its libraries
polluting the default library directory, or at least set the code path on
startup rather than relying on the default code path.

That said, just move that application (rabbit_common) aside while building
Riak and move it back after your release is built.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Brett Hoerner <brett at bretthoerner.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Brian Rowe <rowe at muxspace.com> wrote:
> > IIRC the best of the kludges was to add an exclude directive in the
> > reltool.config.
>
> Can anyone elaborate on this? I'm looking at the reltool docs but I'm
> driving blind here (Erlang newbie).
>
> Brett

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate