Test Server Questions

Keith Bennett keith.bennett at lmnsolutions.com
Thu Jul 28 18:26:52 EDT 2011

Sean and All -

Some questions about the riak test server, as launched via the Ruby client...

Is there any problem having a test server running on the same machine as a normal riak server, as long as the port number's don't collide?  Assuming single-server setups, do we need to be concerned about any ports other than the http_port and pb_port?

If in a Ruby program I start a Riak test server, then shell out to an executable (using system or ``), will the server be responsive and available while the parent program is waiting for the shell command's return?

Is it possible to persist a test server's data to a file, say, a JSON file, and then load it on startup?  If so, how?

Thanks,
Keith