Cassandra's SuperColumns in Riak?

Antonio Rohman Fernandez rohman at mahalostudio.com
Fri Jul 29 04:47:28 EDT 2011

Could it be possible to have "SuperColums" as Cassandra has? (
"SuperBuckets" would be more ideal name )
I think it would be a great
improvement if we can query a bucket without having to look at all
buckets and keys in memory to search for it... this way it would be
easier and faster to modulate data so if you distribute data in small
buckets, the MapReduce on them would get faster... not sure if is
possible to implement, but is something i really would love to have in
Riak and it would help me a lot in my project... knowing that atomizing
buckets ( "rohman_messages", "fyodor_messages" ) has no advantage over a
huge "messages" bucket really disappointed me.
thanks

Rohman

[1]

 ANTONIO ROHMAN FERNANDEZ