Cassandra's SuperColumns in Riak?

Antonio Rohman Fernandez rohman at mahalostudio.com
Fri Jul 29 04:54:28 EDT 2011

sorry, my bad, i wanted to say "ColumnFamilies" or
"SuperColumnFamilies", here there is some
info:

http://www.javageneration.com/?p=70

Rohman

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011
16:47:28 +0800, Antonio Rohman Fernandez wrote:

> Could it be possible
to have "SuperColums" as Cassandra has? ( "SuperBuckets" would be more
ideal name )
> I think it would be a great improvement if we can query a
bucket without having to look at all buckets and keys in memory to
search for it... this way it would be easier and faster to modulate data
so if you distribute data in small buckets, the MapReduce on them would
get faster... not sure if is possible to implement, but is something i
really would love to have in Riak and it would help me a lot in my
project... knowing that atomizing buckets ( "rohman_messages",
"fyodor_messages" ) has no advantage over a huge "messages" bucket
really disappointed me.
> thanks
>
> Rohman
>
> [1]