Riak Recap for July 27 - 28

Mathias Meyer mathias at basho.com
Sat Jul 30 06:08:39 EDT 2011

It's possible to update objects from Erlang MapReduce, but that doesn't conflict with the answer to 4) because it's still a similar workflow of fetching (through MapReduce) and then storing the object back. The original question refered to partial updates, e.g. appending a new entry to a list stored e.g. as JSON under a specific key in an atomic fashion, which is not possible in Riak either way.

Mathias Meyer
Developer Advocate, Basho Technologies