Riak Recap for June 1 - 2

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Jun 3 19:55:02 EDT 2011

Early Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All -

For today's Recap: new code, conferences, jobs, and more.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for June 1 - 2
===================

1) The Homebrew recipes for Riak and Riak Search have both been
updated to reflect the 0.14.2 release. See:

* http://twitter.com/#!/HomebrewUpdates/status/76317171327832064
* http://twitter.com/#!/HomebrewUpdates/status/76317187517857792

2) The awesome Berlin Buzzwords Conference starts June 6th in Berlin.
For those of you attending, you can look forward to Basho
representation in the form of Mathias Meyer (@roidrage) and Sean
Cribbs (@seancribbs). Mathias will be giving at talk called "NOSQL:
PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE", and Sean's talked is "WRAP YOUR SQL HEAD
AROUND RIAK & MAPREDUCE".

* Talk details here ---> http://berlinbuzzwords.de/calendar/2011-06-06

3) For any Ripple Users out there: Sean et al are about to change the
escaping behavior to URI-style by default. If you've got opinions on
this, now is the time to make them known.

* Details here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/seancribbs/status/76746950430560256

4) Basho Principal Architect Andy Gross (@argv0) was just added to a
panel discussion at the HotStorage Conference happening in Portland,
OR. The event starts on June 14th and the panel, called  "Panel: Big
Data, No SQL, Big Problems, No Worries" is happening that morning at
8:50 AM.

Details here ---> http://www.usenix.org/events/hotstorage11/tech/

(I'm planning to come up to Portland for this, so if anyone is in town
and wants to grab a drink, let me know. We're also considering
throwing a mini-drinkup of sorts and will announce in a few days at
the latest if it's going to happen...)

5) Dan Dean made it known on Twitter that he's tinkering with a
riakjs-based model implementation.

* Code snippet here ---> http://twitter.com/dandean/statuses/76769753364049921
* If you're not familiar with Riakjs  ---> riakjs.org

6) Basho is hiring Developers!

* Details here --->
http://www.simplyhired.com/job-id/idtjkev7c4/software-engineer-jobs

(You can use riak at basho.com to get in touch with us if you're