Next few months in Riak HEAD

David Smith dizzyd at basho.com
Mon Jun 13 09:36:03 EDT 2011

All,

The next few months will see a number of major new features and
changes dropping into the tip (aka HEAD) of the Riak codebase. The
team at Basho is very excited to get these new pieces of code out
there and we believe that this upcoming release will make Riak even
more reliable and easier to use.

With this excitement in mind, I'd like to take a moment and remind the
community that we do NOT recommend using HEAD for production purposes.
While every commit is peer-reviewed and tested, there are times when
the code can be rough around the edges during feature integration.
Open Source is wonderful in that it lets us share new stuff earlier
and gather feedback on it. However, it also means you get to see (and
run) the code before it's had a chance to settle and be thoroughly
tested for release.

As with all Riak releases in the past year, we will ensure that you
can do a rolling upgrade to the next release when it's available.
There just might be some bumpy air between here and there.

Fasten your seatbelts and hang on, folks. It's gonna be fun. :)

Sincerely,

D.

--
Dave Smith