Riak Recap for March 18 - 20

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Mar 21 21:30:15 EDT 2011

Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All  -

Here's a brief Recap for the last few days.

Community Manager
Basho Technologies

Riak Recap for March 18 - 20

1) Ryan Zezeski took a break from patching Luwak to write a fantastic
blog post about what he's doing with Riak at his day job.

* Read here ---> http://www.progski.net/blog/2011/aol_meet_riak.html

Thanks, Ryan.

2) Version of MailRank's Haskell Client made it into HackageDB.

* Latest package here ---> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/riak-
* Repo on Github ---> https://github.com/mailrank/riak-haskell-client

3) Q --- What is the cleanest way to completely shut down a cluster?
(from deinspanjer via #riak)

    A ---Run  "riak stop" on each individual node in the cluster.

4) We added a full wiki page all about Bitcask Configurations.

* Read up on your favorite merge settings here --->

5) Q --- I had a quick look around for a mapred ui. Does anyone know
if one exists? (from halorgium via #riak)

    A --- Daniel Einspanjer and his team at Mozilla open sourced this
one a while ago ->
Daniel has also recorded a few screencasts to show how it works. This
is one of them ->
There is also a more recent screencast but I'm having trouble finding
it. Anyone have that link handy?

6) Last reminder about the Bay Area Riak Meetup tomorrow night (only
14 spots left).

* http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Riak-Meetup/events/16833202/