Riak Recap for Feb. 28 - Mar. 1
mark at basho.com
Wed Mar 2 18:15:44 EST 2011
Afternoon, Evening, Morning to Everyone,
For today's Recap: new code, new production users, new team members, and more.
1) Nicolas Fouché made it known on Twitter that Riak (and MongoDB) are
part of the new app he and his team just launched.
* Details here ---> http://twitter.com/nicolas_/statuses/42700352667140096
2) While we are on the topic of production users... Jason Williams and
DigiTar were kind enough to put together a few words for the Riak Wiki
about why they are running Riak.
* Read here ---> http://wiki.basho.com/Who-is-Using-Riak.html#digitar
3) Gerred Dillon (@justicefries) submitted a talk for Red Dirt Ruby
Conf. He's planning to talk about drop-in messaging systems for Rails
built on top of Riak and SQL. If you're planning to attend, vote for
this talk if you haven't already.
* Details here --->
4) Ryan Zezeski contributed another patch to Luwak.
* Commit here --->
5) For anyone in the San Francisco Area, looks like Qwiki.com is
interested in people with Riak experience.
* Read here ---> http://www.startuply.com/Jobs/Senior_Web_Engineer_3631_2.aspx
6) This morning we announced Mathias Meyer (@roidrage) as the latest
addition to the Basho Team.
* Short write-up on it here --->
7) Ted Nyman (@tnm) added a few comments to basho_bench to clarify
some config settings used when running it.
* Details here ---> https://github.com/basho/basho_bench/commits/
More information about the riak-users