riak make fail

Mohammad Shariq shariqnitt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:24:57 EST 2011

Hi ,
'make all'  also produces the same error , Below is the error message :

shariq at shariq-box:/mnt/riak-0.14.0$ sudo make all rel

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
./rebar get-deps
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Uncaught error in rebar_core: {'EXIT',
                                  {undef,
                                      [{crypto,start,[]},
                                       {rebar_core,run,1},
                                       {rebar,main,1},
                                       {escript,run,2},
                                       {escript,start,1},
                                       {init,start_it,1},
                                       {init,start_em,1}]}}
make: *** [deps] Error 1

On 3 March 2011 11:17, Alexander Sicular <siculars at gmail.com> wrote:

> try ?
>
> make all && make rel
>
> -Alexander Sicular
>
> @siculars
>
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 12:40 AM, Mohammad Shariq wrote:
>
> > Below is the Error Message :
> >
> > shariq at shariq-box:/mnt/riak-0.14.0$ sudo make rel
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > ./rebar get-deps
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > Uncaught error in rebar_core: {'EXIT',
> >                                   {undef,
> >                                       [{crypto,start,[]},
> >                                        {rebar_core,run,1},
> >                                        {rebar,main,1},
> >                                        {escript,run,2},
> >                                        {escript,start,1},
> >                                        {init,start_it,1},
> >                                        {init,start_em,1}]}}
> > make: *** [deps] Error 1
> >

> > Make is failed.
> >

> > On 2 March 2011 21:30, Dan Reverri <dan at basho.com> wrote:
> > Hi Shariq,
> >
> > You can ignore this particular error message; the build will still work.
> Are you seeing any other error messages?  Is the build not working on your
> system?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >

> > Daniel Reverri
> > Developer Advocate
> > Basho Technologies, Inc.
> > dan at basho.com
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Mohammad Shariq <shariqnitt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello folk,
> > I am trying to Install riak on my system , Ubuntu 10.10,    64 bit.
> >
> > I downloaded  "riak-0.14.0-1.tar.gz"
> > unzip it and cd  INTO  riak-0.14.0
> >
> > Now I am running the command :     sudo make rel
> >
> > And I am getting the Error message :     "fatal: Not a git repository (or
> any of the parent directories): .git"
> >

> > Please help me,  I tried googling but could'nt resolve my problem.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Shariq

> > --