too_many_results error

John Axel Eriksson john at insane.se
Thu Mar 3 06:42:05 EST 2011

Well, I'm in this situation atm. I guess I could go and change the max_results setting but really - this actually
means that I can't search my data and to me, it's more important to be able to search than to get an error when
my index has grown too large. I understand that there's nothing for this in the solr spec, but getting an error because
I've indexed too much data is kind of unexpected.

I'm not familiar with the internals but I would've expected the rows parameter to be applied before the max_results limit - not
the other way around. I suspect there's a reason for this, but still - my data is now in an unsearchable state.