load erlang module

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:31:22 EST 2011

Hi Malka,

I'm assuming your cluster was already running and then you modified
add_paths?  If so, unfortunately, the change will not take hold until the
nodes are restarted.  However, if you cannot afford a restart then there is
another option--attach to the Erlang shell and add the path yourself.

riak attach
1> code:add_path("/path/to/ebin").

You'll have to do this for each node in the cluster.

This makes me wonder...would it be beneficial to add a command to riak-admin
that can interrogate add_paths and add any new paths (and perhaps even
reload modules that have changed)?

-Ryan