riak search

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:52:15 EDT 2011

Saurabh,

No, your data doesn't need to reside on the filesystem before you can index
it.  If you haven't already figured it out, riak-search is a superset of
riak-kv.  That means that you have all the features of riak-kv along with
the ability to index your data.  That means you really don't need to deploy
both.  Although, if you want to do it that way it's certainly possible--I
just want to make sure you are clear on this fact.

One way to index data is to parse documents on the filesystem to be indexed
and stored by riak-search.  Another way is to index data as it flows into a
bucket which seems to be what you are after.  To do that you need to add a
pre-commit hook specific to riak-search.  If you haven't already, please
take a look at
http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Search---Indexing-and-Querying-Riak-KV-Data.html.
 If you have specific questions after reading that I'll be glad to
help.

-Ryan