RiakSearch 14.0 All Gets/Puts Timing out on a single node system.

J T jt4websites at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:40:48 EDT 2011

Unfortunately not, the log files are suspiciously quiet .. but I'm
reasonably certain that I'm looking in the right place.

However, I think I fixed the problem.

After doing a *make rel* I went in and modified the etc config to have riak
use an external ip address and I think its that that caused the problem.

Instead I needed to make the change to *rel/vars.config* and then redo
the *make
rel* leading me to suspect that the values are actually compiled in
somewhere and not just read from a config file on startup.