Riak Recap for March 14 - 15

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Mar 16 19:39:15 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All.

For today's Recap: Meetups, some thoughts on the Java Client, more
production users, videos and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

----

Riak Recap for March 14 - 15

1) The date for the Riak Meetup in Stockholm has been changed to March
31. Also, as of right now, there is only one spot left...

* Click quickly --->
http://www.meetup.com/Stockholm-Riak-Meetup/events/16883122/

2) While we are on the topic of meetups... the Bay Area Riak Meetup is
less that none week away.

* Details here --->
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Riak-Meetup/events/16833202/

3) Mark Wolfe put together some thoughtful observations about Riak and
the Java Client. This is a great read.

* Check them out here --->
https://github.com/wolfeidau/riak-log4j-appender/blob/master/docs/riakclient_review_ideas.md

4) The DotCloud team let the world know that Riak was part of their
internal stack (along with Redis and PostgreSQL).

* Read up on it here --->
http://www.quora.com/What-technology-Stack-does-Dotcloud-use-and-when-do-they-officially-launch-their-service?srid=CB

On a related note, @wmacgyver mentioned he is also using Riak, Redis
and PostgreSQL:
http://twitter.com/wmacgyver/statuses/48105509718458368 . Out of
curiosity, anyone else using these three DBs together in their stack?

5) The video of the Riak + Node.js webinar is up on Vimeo. There will
be an official blog post up with this and the slides from the webinar,
but I figured it couldn't hurt to send the link your way a bit early.
:)

* Watch here ---> http://vimeo.com/21099379

6) ncb000gt and seancribbs had a short convo in #riak that started
with "When you store links is the order in which they are returned,
when querying, guaranteed at all (assuming multiple links)?"

* Read here ---> https://gist.github.com/873537