Riak Recap for March 14 - 15

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Thu Mar 17 08:30:07 EDT 2011

On Mar 16, 2011, at 6:39 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:

> 3) Mark Wolfe put together some thoughtful observations about Riak and
> the Java Client. This is a great read.
>
> * Check them out here --->
> https://github.com/wolfeidau/riak-log4j-appender/blob/master/docs/riakclient_review_ideas.md

Addressing these issues was exactly the reason I wrote the Spring Data support for Riak--though it doesn't address all the points raised in the way suggested. I wanted to make Riak support a first-class component alongside my other Spring components, so naturally I used the tools already available in Spring like the RestTemplate and the Jackson-based JSON HttpMessageConverter.

The Spring Data support for Riak is the basis upon which the Grails GORM support is built:

http://bit.ly/h59peU

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

http://jbrisbin.com