Riak Recap for March 16 - 17

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Mar 18 20:32:09 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

For today's Recap we have blog posts, new production apps, videos,
slide decks, and more.

Have a great weekend.

Mark

Commmunity Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
----

Riak Recap for March 16 - 17

1)  Ana Nelson (@ananelson) wrote a great post on the Dexy blog all
about MapReduce'n from the Python client.

* Read here ---> http://blog.dexy.it/398 (Also, take a moment to try
out Dexy. It's a great tool.)

Thanks, Ana.

2) Alexander Sicular (@siculars) posted the slides from the recent
Riak and Node.js talk he gave to the NYC Cloud Computing Group.

* Check them out here --->
http://www.slideshare.net/siculars/riak-at-the-nyc-cloud-computing-meetup-group

3) Speaking of Node.js, we posted the video, slides, and relevant
links from the recent Riak and Node.js Webinar on the Basho Blog.

* Get caught up here --->
http://blog.basho.com/2011/03/18/follow-up-to-riak-nodejs-webinar/

Thanks, Alexander.

4) Just got the word that newly-minted Basho hacker Mathias Meyer will
be at the Scottish Ruby Conference at the beginning of April. If
you're planning to be there make sure to corner Mathias and ask him
for some stickers.

* Also, you can check out the Basho logo towards the the bottom of the
sponsorship page if you're so inclined --->
http://scottishrubyconference.com/posts

5) KevBurnsJr let it leak that his new application,
http://podcastle.us/, is using Riak for primary storage. It's also
using the Ripple-PHP code he's been working on. Check it out here -
https://github.com/KevBurnsJr/ripple-php if you haven't yet.

6) Runar Jordahl put together a quick post about why he chose to write
a Pharoah Smalltalk interface.

* Read here --->
http://blog.epigent.com/2011/03/pharo-smalltalk-riak-interface-why.html

7) Q --- Is it possible to store a file using Luwak and index it using
riak search at the same time? (from vicmargar via #riak)

    A -- At the moment this is not possible.