Java client API

Russell Brown russell.brown at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 06:05:48 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to make the Java client easier to use and less tied to underlying implementation so I've started designing a new API.

I've put some interfaces up at https://github.com/russelldb/riak-java-client-api

I'd really appreciate any comments you may have.

My intention is to adapt the existing client(s) to these interfaces and deprecate the old client API gradually (so there will be backward compatibility for a few releases.) I'll also be reusing the existing client implementations underneath the API, this isn't a wholesale re-write.

I hope you can take some time to let me know what you think. I'll put my thickest skin on.

Many thanks

Russell

PS It is all maven'd up so just clone and mvn eclipse:eclipse if you want to get a good look.