Java client API

Russell Brown russell.brown at me.com
Fri Mar 25 08:50:39 EDT 2011

Hi,
Coda Hale (http://codahale.com) was kind enough to offer some brilliant suggestions based on their use of riak at Yammer (http://yammer.com). I have incorporated his ideas into a new sketch of the API and once again I'd really appreciate it if those of you that have the time could take a look and let me know your thoughts.

I have used the fluent ideas from Krestan's original suggestions and Coda's ideas for conflict resolution, retry and object value mutation.

I've pushed a sketch to a new branch https://github.com/russelldb/riak-java-client-api/tree/fluent, there is some sample code in the BasicOperations text (and the README)

Cheers

Russell