Solution for loading hook modules on riak cluster restart

Ori Bar ori.bar at nivertech.com
Mon Mar 28 07:18:25 EDT 2011

I have implemented several hooks for riaks which currently reside in
modules that are not in the riak path.

Whenever I wish to install the hooks for a specific bucket, I first
run load_module to make sure that the riak nodes can call the hooks.
The problem is that if one of the nodes goes down and then back up, it
will still try to call the hooks, but will not have access to the
module.

What is the recommended way to handle this? One idea I thought was
modifying ERL_LIBS such that the hooks are included in its path, is
this the right approach?

--
Best Regards,

Ori Bar, Software Engineer
Nivertech Ltd

email:    ori.bar at nivertech.com
phone:   +972-52-2838429
www:     http://www.nivertech.com

The content of this message is Nivertech Ltd Confidential.  If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this message in error,
any use or distribution is prohibited. Please notify me immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message from your computer system. Thank
you.