Easier to use Java Client

Russell Brown russell.brown at me.com
Tue Mar 29 03:15:22 EDT 2011

Here here. I'm working on that, too. There is a draft of the API here https://github.com/russelldb/riak-java-client-api/tree/fluent

> So, I decided to write my own client and semi-ORM layer.   I am still working on some of the details, I need to write more tests, and I need to document it, but the bulk of the code is done. I have only implemented the REST client so far, but I plan on implementing PB in the future.
>
> You can check it out here: https://github.com/aberman/spring-riak
>
> It's pretty easy to use:
>
> If you want the client, you would do:  RiakManager mgr = new RiakRestClient(...);
>
> The ORM layer (still working a bit on this): RiakTemplate template = new RiakTemplate(new RiakRestClient(...));

What are you using to marshall to java objects? Jackson?

> The APIs to look at are RiakManager and RiakTemplate and you should see some familiar methods with more typed signatures to help out the average user.
>
> Let me know your thoughts, if any, and if there is any interest in me donating this to the Riak project.

I've only had a brief look but I like it very much, thanks for making it and sharing it.  We seem to have covered a lot of the same ground but it is great to have a diverse range of clients for different use cases. I'll pull the repo and have a more detailed look, I'm hoping you may have solved some of the problems I'm looking at already ;)