Riak Development Environments

siculars at gmail.com siculars at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:24:18 EDT 2011

ring_creation_size is the key setting. Once you set it for a cluster it is a lock. Check the deets on the wiki.

cookie : erlang clusters share a cookie that they all need to have in the config. Make it sUp3rSp3c!aL!.

name : each host needs its own unique name. Something like riak at private-ip-addr will work.

That's about all you need to keep in mind.