Riak Recap for May 09 - 10

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed May 11 20:21:20 EDT 2011

Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All -

For today's Recap: new wiki content, new code, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
----------------------------------

Riak Recap for May 09 - 10
====================

1) We added a new page to the wiki aimed at helping people better
estimate what sizes their Riak clusters should be. It definitely needs
some refining, so try it out and file a GitHub Issue against the wiki
repo if you think there is something that needs improving/fixing.

* Take it for a spin here --->
http://wiki.basho.com/Bitcask-Capacity-Planning.html

2) Some code-related news for Riak Search fans: we just recently made
merge_index, the Riak Search backend, a stand alone piece of code.
(You can thank Ryan Zezeski for this.) Time permitting, we'll be
trying to get some docs out the door for this.

Code here on GitHub ---> https://github.com/basho/merge_index

3) v0.9.4 of Ripple is out!

* All the details here --->
http://twitter.com/#!/seancribbs/statuses/67932699796582400

4) Another reminder about the inaugural Riak Meetup happening in NYC on 5/18:

* Details here http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Riak-Meetup/

It was also just announced that Basho CTO Justin Sheehy will be
speaking at this Meetup...

5) Another Reminder About the Erlang Meetup in Washington DC on 5/17
where Rusty Klophaus will be speaking:

* Details here ---> http://www.meetup.com/erlang/events/17550721/

6) One job for today:

* Ruby on Rails Developer in Washington DC ---> http://bit.ly/jQacOU