Riak Recap for April 27 - May 1

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon May 2 15:14:34 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

Apologies for the lack of Recap this past Friday...

Today's Recap comes to you live from the Hacker Lounge at JSConf. Come
find me if you're in town.

We've got blog posts, videos, jobs and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
------------------------

Riak Recap for April 27 - May 1
=======================

1) Kresten Krab Thorup released some code a few weeks back that
enables you to use links to create simple secondary indexes in Riak.
There is now a blog post with some details on how that code works.

* Read here --->
http://www.javalimit.com/2011/04/using-to-index-riak-objects.html

Thanks, Kresten.

2) Craig Brown, who runs the @nosqltips twitter account, posted a
video in which he builds a Riak cluster in seven minutes.

* Read and watch here --->
http://nosqltips.blogspot.com/2011/04/setting-up-riak-nosql-cluster-in-7.html

Thanks, Craig.

3) Basho is hiring Developer Advocates.

* Details here for anyone interested --->
http://twitter.com/#!/hornbeck/status/63751824385130496

4) Here's a tweet about upgrades that I thought warranted being passed
along. ---> http://twitter.com/#!/duffomelia/status/64405785618292736

5) As I mentioned last night, Basho is sponsoring JSConf. We put
together a custom page on basho.com all about Riak and JavaScript just
for the occasion.

* Check it out here if you've got a few moments ---> jsconf.basho.com

6) The OSCON Data schedule has officially been posted. Riak is quite
well represented on the NoSQL Track.

* Rusty Klophaus will be giving a talk called "Querying Riak Just Got
Easier - Introducing Secondary Indices." Details here --->
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2011/public/schedule/detail/19806
* Jeff Kirkell will be trying to break Riak. Details here --->
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2011/public/schedule/detail/19762

7) There is a new Riak Search-Related issue on the wiki that some of
you might be able to help with...

* Details here ---> https://github.com/basho/riak_wiki/issues/91

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes a crack at that.