Secondary Indices and Storing Binary Data

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Tue May 3 11:18:51 EDT 2011

I think all that is yet to be determined, from a public standpoint (I
don't know any more than anyone not working at Basho). If secondary
indexes are implemented (interface wise) in a similar fashion as Riak
Search then I would imagine that the index would be enabled as a hook
at write time. Either a hook at write time (which I would imagine will
be the method employed) or some other mechanism, Riak would need to be
able to understand the value you are writing to disk to be able to
index it properly. Meaning that whichever way you are encoding your
object, Riak would need to be able to decode it in the two languages
that it speaks - javascript or erlang.

Cheers,
Alexander