How many links does it take til you get to the center of the ... ?

Eric Moritz eric at themoritzfamily.com
Wed May 4 19:23:29 EDT 2011

Out of curiosity,  does the protobuf interface have this limitation?
On May 4, 2011 5:59 PM, "Sean Cribbs" <sean at basho.com> wrote:
> Note that this is an HTTP limitation, not the datastore in general. That
said, don't go crazy with them.

> Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
> Developer Advocate
> Basho Technologies, Inc.
> http://basho.com/
>
> On May 4, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Aphyr wrote:
>
>> HA! I just ran into this limit!
>>
>> 5,000 links like /tablet_users/whoever riaktag=following will cause your
user objects to take upwards of 4 seconds to return, on our beefy cluster,
with a variance of ~3 seconds. (Over HTTP, ruby riak_client.) I had to move
them into the JSON body, which makes things much faster. Hundreds of links
seems just fine.

>> --Kyle
>>
>> On 05/04/2011 02:50 PM, Luc Castera wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the Lil Kim reference on the subject line, I couldn't help it
:-)

>>> In the links documentation on wiki.basho.com <http://wiki.basho.com>, it
>>> says:
>>> "this can substitute as a lightweight graph database, as long as the
>>> number of links attached to a given key are kept reasonably low"
>>>
>>> What's considered reasonably low here? tens? hundreds? thousands?
millions?