'not found' after join

John D. Rowell me at jdrowell.com
Thu May 5 17:24:47 EDT 2011

I like this idea. I'd add that the "write only node" (the added node) could
simply do a "streaming vnode list keys" operation (not that it exists--does
it?) and basically do a read repair on all of those keys to "catch up" to
the vnode's previous status. Maybe while it is catching up it could simply
buffer the incoming write operations and replay them later. Once that buffer
is empty it can effectively take over the vnode and start answering queries.

-jd