A function as an input for map/reduce

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Sat May 7 09:26:42 EDT 2011

Hi, Mikhail.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Mikhail Sobolev <mss at mawhrin.net> wrote:

> Thank you for the description.  I now wonder if it's possible for a
> map-function instead of returning the whole list of results, do
> something that Riak would take as "ah! another map result, let's do pass
> it to the next phase"?

It is quite possible in Riak to have a map phase followed by another
map phase.  You simply have to declare the job as having those phases,
each with their map function.

The way you showed it wouldn't quite work, as it is the return value
-- not a side effect -- that a map function passes on to the following
phase.

-Justin