Javascript errors in reduce phases seen as {error, javascript_reduce_timeout}?

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Tue May 10 09:27:27 EDT 2011

For large numbers of objects, your JavaScript functions will become bottlenecks, largely because the data has to be converted to and from JSON for every application of the function. If your reduce function isn't actually coalescing a value (e.g. sort doesn't), then you will run into this problem.  See if you can reimplement the functions in Erlang or decrease the quantity of values being passed to and returned from the reduce functions.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/