Production Backup Strategies

Aphyr aphyr at aphyr.com
Fri May 13 20:32:21 EDT 2011

In the exciting event that your application or riak goes rogue and
deletes everything, bitcask will allow you to recover amazing,
life-saving amounts of data from its log-structured format.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW. :-P

Uh, more typically, I've heard that FS-level snapshots of /var/lib/riak
or simple tarballs work well. riak-admin backup works fairly well below,
say, 50 million keys, but can take several hours at that scale.

--Kyle