Buckets with different expiry_secs value

Dmitry Demeshchuk demeshchuk at gmail.com
Tue May 17 02:58:25 EDT 2011

Greetings.

I'm looking for a way to set expiry_secs for specific buckets. For
example, if some buckets need to have object expiration time and some
buckets need to have unlimited lifetime.

I've tried to do this using multi_backend:

{storage_backend, riak_kv_multi_backend},
{multi_backend_default, <<"default">>},
{multi_backend, [
   {<<"default">>, riak_kv_bitcask_backend, []},
   {<<"cache">>, riak_kv_bitcask_backend, [
      {expiry_secs, 60},
   ]}
]},

But when I call

riakc_pb_socket:set_bucket(<<"test">>, [{backend, <<"cache">>}]),

this setting isn't applied to the bucket. Tried to set different data
directories for both backends – with the same result.

Is such thing possible at all, and if it's possible, what am I doing wrong?

Also, looks like riak_kv_multi_backend.erl has documentation a bit
different with wiki. At wiki backends aliases are binaries, and at the
module's docs they are atoms. Probably, both of them work, but neither
of them worked for me :(

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk