riaksearch: using index docs in place of real objects

Greg Pascale greg at clipboard.com
Tue May 24 18:34:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

In our data model, our riak objects are flat JSON objects, and thus their
corresponding index documents are nearly identical - the only difference is
that a few fields which are ints in the riak objects are strings in the
index doc.

Since they are so similar, we are directly using the index docs returned
from our search call, skipping the second step of doing gets on the returned
keys to retrieve the real objects.

Is this advisable? Are there any circumstances under which we might run into
consistency issues?

Thanks,
-Greg