Issues with capacity planning pages on wiki

Nico Meyer nico.meyer at adition.com
Wed May 25 13:16:45 EDT 2011

Everybody feel free to steal from my mail to his/her heart's content :-).
At the very least its now available in the mailing list archive for easy
reference
(http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2011-May/004292.html).
I just hope my use of HTML formatting made it through in a readable state.

Am 25.05.2011 18:55, schrieb Jonathan Langevin:
> That was one hell of a response. You need to post that as a Wiki
> article or such, after all that work :-O*
>
> <http://www.loomlearning.com/>
> 	*/
> /*Jonathan Langevin*/
> Systems Administrator
> *Loom Inc.*
> Wilmington, NC: (910) 241-0433 - jlangevin at loomlearning.com
> <mailto:jlangevin at loomlearning.com> - www.loomlearning.com
> <http://www.loomlearning.com/> - Skype: intel352
>
> /*
>
> *
>

> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Nico Meyer <nico.meyer at adition.com
> <mailto:nico.meyer at adition.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Anthony,
>
>     I think, I can explain at least a big chunk of the difference in
>     RAM and disk consumption you see.
>
>     Let start with RAM. I could of course be wrong here, but I believe
>     the /'static bitcask per key overhead/' is just plainly too small.
>     Let me explain why.
>     The bitcask_keydir_entry struct for each entry looks like this:

[snip]