Riak Recap for May 23 - 24

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed May 25 19:25:18 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

For today's Recap: tons of new Python code, a new Riak meetup on the
calendar in San Francisco, a new README for merge_index, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
---------------------------------------

Riak Recap for May 23 - 24
==================

1) We scheduled the next San Francisco Riak Meetup. This one is
happening on June 7th, and will feature presentations from both Rick
Olson of GitHub and Sebastien Pahl of DotCloud.

* Details and registration info here --->
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Riak-Meetup/events/19463021/

2) A book called "The Architecture of Open Source Applications" was
just released. There is a chapter dedicated to Riak and Erlang/OTP.

* Check it out here ---> http://www.aosabook.org/en/riak.html

It should be noted that while this book is free and is being
distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported
license, all royalties from sales of the book will be donated to
Amnesty International. Details here --->
http://www.aosabook.org/en/index.html#purchase

3) We just merged five pull requests for the Python client.

* https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/6
* https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/24
* https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/25
* https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/26
* https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/28

Thanks to Josip Lisec, Eric Moritz, Dmitry Rozhkov, Mikhail Sobolev,
and Mark Erdmann for the contributions (and the patience)!

4) The merge_index repo on GitHub now has a beautiful new README
courtesy of Rusty Klophaus.

* Reading this is well worth your time ---> https://github.com/basho/merge_index

5) One new job opportunity to pass along today:

* ModCloth is hiring a Contract Ops Engineer for which knowledge of
Solr, Redis and Riak is a plus--->
http://www.modcloth.com/careers?nl=1&jvi=o7ZLVfww,Job&jvk=Job*

6) Last reminder about Dave Smith's "Bootstrapping Dynamo Apps with
Riak Core" talk happening tomorrow at GlueCon.

* Time and other info here ---> http://gluecon.com/2011/?page_id=16