Riak Client Resources, Deleting a Key Doesn't Remove it from bucket.keys

Aphyr aphyr at aphyr.com
Thu May 26 13:26:49 EDT 2011

> In software products that have containment metaphors, how often do we
> see a function return a cached value rather than the up-to-date
> value, especially for products that manage shared data?

Pretty frequently, actually. Every Ruby ORM I've used caches
associations by default. Even when listing is cheap, deserialization isn't.

For some reason this never tripped me up; I recall looking at the rdoc
and finding it quite obvious that this method had a :reload option. But
if you just guessed at the existence of #keys, it is probably (like many
things about Riak) surprising! :)

--Kyle