riak not starting, Reason: {badmatch,already_exists}

Dan Reverri dan at basho.com
Tue May 31 14:38:25 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Can you confirm you have built Riak from source? What branch/tag are you
using? What version of Erlang are you using?

I would suggest undoing the "root:root" ownership change. Do you have any
data in the Riak instance or is this a fresh install? How are you starting
Riak (the exact command)? Can you provide the full set of log files from the
node?

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Reverri