object timestamps

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:33:27 EDT 2011

I use it now but am thinking of moving away from it. Be aware that when you
first create an object via put/post, Riak returns "date" and not "last
modified".

For that reason but more importantly consuming data hosted in Riak via non
related applications/languages/projects I'm looking to keep dates as actual
values within the json value. Also data export reasons. Better fidelity and
granularity. Like keeping a created and last mod stamp or an array of every
time the object was modified.

Also level db has built in data smushing so it's almost free.

Cheerios,
Alexander

@siculars
http://siculars.posterous.com